Acne Treatment In Tijuana
WHAT IS ACNE?
Acne is one of the worst and most common skin problems in the world.
Although acne is generally associated with teenagers and puberty, the fact is that you can get spots at any age. What can you do about them?
EXCESSIVE SEBUM PRODUCTION
To start with, spots are a result of an overproduction of sebum by the sebaceous gland. This is caused by hormones. The bacterium Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) loves sebum, so an excess of it means that bacteria can multiply deep in the pores. The accumulation of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface and inside the pore prevents the sebum from being secreted freely from the skin. In combination with the skin irritation caused by skincare products or sunlight, these conditions lead to acne.
FORMS OF ACNE
Acne can occur on various body parts, including the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and arms. Although most people associate acne with typical teenagers’ spots, it comes in various forms:
- Comedones. With this type of acne, you mainly see comedones. Comedones are the non-infected version (or the initial stages) of spots. Closed comedones on the skin’s surface are small, white spots under the skin, also called whiteheads. If they are open, oxygen oxidises the blockage in the pore opening, resulting in black colouration: this is then called a blackhead. In other words, the dark spot is not dirt under the skin’s surface.
- Papule. These are red spots (without a white head of pus) that indicate inflammation.
- Pimples. Larger than papules; red, sensitive spots with a white head of pus. These indicate a more advanced, deeper infection.
- Nodules. One of the most painful forms of acne; large, solid papules under the skin. They arise when there is too much pressure on the wall of the pore and the infection breaks through into the second layer of skin around the pore.
- Cysts. Painful, pus-filled cavities that form under the skin’s surface and entail a greater risk of scarring than other types of acne due to their depth. Read more about cystic acne.
If you’re looking for a facial that can diminish the appearance of acne scars, you have a long list of options to choose from. One of the best options available for acne treatment is the HydraFacial MD. It’s a very popular treatment and has several cosmetic benefits to offer. It can be especially helpful for individuals who have acne scars and can work for all types of skin.
This acne treatment targets hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines and congested pores. It shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes and has the potential to significantly reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Learn More About the HydraFacial
Many patients choose to get a HydraFacial with Dr. Sergio Verduzco for their acne-related issues because it’s a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment. It doesn’t require any downtime, and unlike many comparable acne treatment options, the treatment doesn’t cause discomfort. If you want to reduce the appearance of your acne scars and don’t want to undergo invasive surgical procedures, the HydraFacial at our office in Tjuana could be the perfect solution. Contact us today to schedule your consultation to learn more.